There are 6 essential steps you must take after getting a DUI in California.
- ① Step 1 is URGENT – you only have 10 days after your DUI Arrest to ask for a DMV Stay and a Hearing to try to protect your license.
Read more about DUI Step 1.
- ② Step 2 is to make notes about your DUI arrest before you forget what happened.
Read more about DUI Step 2.
- ③ Step 3 is to get informed – know your rights, know the law, know the penalties.
Knowledge is power!
Read more about DUI Step 3.
- ④ Step 4 is to get a copy of your DUI Police Report
Read more about DUI Step 4.
- ⑤ Step 5 is to choose who will defend you. Will you defend yourself, hire a DUI attorney or get a Public Defender?
Learn more about DUI Step 5.
- ⑥ Step 6 is to choose to accept a Plea Bargain or take it to Jury Trial. You can take your case to trial and select a jury to decide your guilt or innocence, or work out and accept a plea bargain with the prosecutor.
Learn more about DUI Step 6.