- A misdemeanor DUI is on your criminal record and California DMV record for 10 years.
- The ten year time period begins on your arrest date (and not on your conviction date).
- After 10 years, the courts and DMV cannot use that DUI against you.
- A felony DUI is on your record for 10 years.
This is my second DUI
California is ridiculously tough on people who get a DUI within 10 years of another DUI.
You must realize that, on a second DUI, California Law wants to :-
- Put you in jail for 96 hours
- And SUSPEND your license for one year without driving at all; no driving, not even to work, on a second DUI.
See also DUI Penalties and Laws FAQPrint-Friendly Page