Can a private DUI attorney help with my defense?
Whether it is worth hiring a DUI attorney is something you need to think about. Call us at (310) 285-1516  to help you answer this question. We will go over with you the advantages and disadvantages of representing yourself, using the public defender or hiring your own DUI attorney.
Here are some examples of how a private DUI attorney can potentially help you with your DUI defense:
- Assess the case and counsel you on your options.
- Try to protect you from any additional punishment.
- Go to court for you so you do not have to go, and appear in court in front of the judge on your behalf.
- Handle your DMV hearing for you and help you with your license.
- Conduct Investigation and Discovery in the case to determine how trustworthy and strong the Government’s evidence is against you, and evaluate the police officer’s arrest of you.
- Help decide if you want to go to trial or work out a plea bargain with the prosecutor.
- Negotiate a plea bargain for you.
- Help obtain alternatives to jail.
- Represent you in a jury trial.